Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Told Them Not To...

WARNING: What you are about to see may cause you to experience nightmares of "do-it-yourself" haircolor.

Once upon a time a young lady went away to college and, like so many young college ladies, decided to participate in a group haircoloring event. I mean, if black haircolor looks good on one young lady it should look good on them all, right?   
Well, a couple months passed before this young college lady returned to her parents home and upon arrival the mother proclaimed this group event a complete failure! So off they went to the local beauty supply to easily reverse the results of the group event.Or so they were told at the beauty supply store.  Before testing their skill at haircolor they called me to get further instruction. "DON'T DO IT!" Was my exact "further instruction", including a lengthy explanation of all that could go wrong and why salons charge an arm-and-a-leg for color correction.
I guess I didn't do a very good job of convincing them because a few hours later I received a desperate call from the mom begging me to rescue them from their skill at haircolor.
I call it "Calico College Cutie".

I won't bore you with the details of what took place between the "before" and "after" but let's just say they were singing my praises and promises of her first-born being named after yours truely were made. I'm not holding her to that but if she so chooses I won't argue.
So drum roll please.............

I only took this one picture because I was tired and needed to go sit down...
The moral of the story: Do Not Try This at Home!
                                 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri~ I saw your question about making a header (the pictures at the top of the blog). Basically I just use a photo shop program. Mine is 'Microsoft Picture It' but there are plenty different ones out there. You start adding pictures and placing them where you want them. You can make them all small of big or different sizes. Some programs have backgrounds you can use on your header with spots to place each picture. Some FREE blog backgrounds sites have matching headers with their backgrounds. I like Lily Puff Designs and The Cutest Blog on the Block sites. They also give instructions how to add the header.

    Have fun and thanks for stopping by~ Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... I had to smle on this because my youngest daughter, 19 dabbled a little in darkening her hair here at home with a natural henna. (never again). Once a person uses henna, that is it until it grows out. (horrors!) lol We had to bring her to the beauty shop and finally the poor beautician was able to bring her hair back to the pretty natural color. (almost.)

    Thanks so much for coming to my site, it's great meeting new sisters in the Lord. : )

    Bless you Kerri! Your family is lovely!

    ReplyDelete